January 10, 2009

Leonora does Silat??

hehe.... ya... I've always been 'attracted' to martial arts... starting with Taekwondo WTF when I was 12 yrs old... :D yup.. kinda injured myself along the way... ended up with a lecture from my mom... yadaa yadaa yadaa.... then i stopped... i dun know the concrete reason why... but i let the art that i use to love faded away... gituuuu.... then i venture into the whole dance thingy... hmmm... the martial art gone with the wind for good, i thought... :D

when i joined Fitness First, i'm still with my dancing passion... Bodyjam kinda takes over half of my life... in a good way.. hehe... so i don't realise i'm letting go the warrior princess in me... hahahah.... so, with a help from a dear friend, i joined Jak Othman's Muay Thai classes and of course loving every single moment of it... make new friends along the way of course...

after a while, our master leads us to Silat as well.. uuuuu..... it's like learning a different type of dance.. use to be taekwondo, then muay thai and now Silat! hehe... and i found out all these 3 teach you different techniques of martial arts... so cool.... me like it!!! then, the studio did some shooting for History Channel... i did post some pictures of the making on my Facebook... and Syah (my friend who works in a museum.. hmmm.. scaryyy... :D) saw that, and invited us to do a 'show' with weapons in conjunction with 'Pameran Senjata' in the National Museum... It was fun... and i never thought that it would came out in the local newspaper!!! hehe... my 1st newspaper cutting with me not wearing dance stuff... hehe...

So serious.. this is the other group who made the Keris stands still... uuuu...


This is the complete 2 full pages of the story.. our group is at the top right... :D


Silat Harimau Berantai.. yeaa... me, 3 from the right, holding the 'Kerambit'... (being a dancer, i can't help myself to give a smile when on camera... ahaks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment